Plaster Base is very flexible and easier than meshed membranes to shape around external and into internal corners – so there is no need to cut it at these potentially vulnerable points. (Traditional mesh covered membranes tend to be stiffer and the bonded mesh itself will resist folding around an external corner, resulting in a bulge which can be difficult to deal with when plastering or applying dot and dab plasterboard. Because this is much less likely to happen with Plaster Base, the result is a neater job.
At only 5mm thick, Plaster Base is useful for areas where space is in short supply.
It is suitable for use with sand and cement renders and most lightweight and renovating plasters.
|Roll size:||2.0m x 20m x 5mm|
|Sheet thickness:||nominal 0.50mm|
|Stud height (net):||approx. 5.0 mm|
|Unit weight:||0.48 kg/m2|
|Air gap volume:||+3.2 litre/m2|
|Drainage capacity:||max. 1.84 litre/m2|
|Life expectancy:||at least 50 years|
- BBA approved
- HDPE cavity drain membrane for direct plastering
- single component, no mesh or fabric layer
- unique undercut stud design creates mechanical key for plaster
- easy to cut, fix and seal
- impermeable to water, gas and water vapour
- compatible with other Platon membranes